Water damage restoration might seem like an insurmountable task to most homeowners, but it’s more than possible with the right equipment and expertise. In fact, it gives you an opportunity to improve your home and reduce the risk of something like this happening again.
That’s why it’s extremely important you partner with an experienced and passionate restoration company Tampa, FL residents trust. They not only have all the right equipment, but they also understand all the best practices, techniques, and skills needed to get the job done safely.
Of course, you’ll want to ensure you and your family are prepared for the process — as well as ensuring you pick a company that’s right for you.
What Equipment is Used in Water Damage Restoration?
While every company is different and unique in their own way, there are generally five major pieces of equipment utilized by them all — air moves, air scrubbers, moisture meters, dehumidifiers, and flood pumps. Of course, they each come with their own benefits.
Don’t worry, we’re going to learn a little more about each one below:
- Air Movers – this piece of equipment helps speed up the drying process using a high-powered fan. There are several different types, including centrifugal, axial, and compact air movers.
- Air Scrubbers – though it comes with a strange name, air scrubbers help remove pollution, particles, and odors from the air. They’re generally used during remediation.
- Moisture Meters – used during the diagnostics stage in the restoration process, a moisture meter helps find and measure moisture levels inside the home.
- Dehumidifiers – in addition to removing pollutants from the air, you also want to ensure there’s no moisture in the air. A dehumidifier helps remove moisture from the air
- Flood Pumps – for more severe water damage, flood pumps help with water removal by pumping the water out of the home. Some restoration companies also use a flood vacuum to speed up the process.
In addition to those four pieces of equipment, many restoration companies utilize extractors, mobile furnaces, hygrometers, infrared cameras, and much more. You also can’t forget about the truck, which helps them bring all this equipment directly to your home!
What Should You Do Before They Arrive?
To ensure a smooth and successful process — as well as a sustainable outcome — there are a number of things you can do before help arrives. Of course, this will 100% depend on the severity of the issue and how safe it is for you or your family to re-enter the home.
Here are some of the most prominent things you can do before help arrives:
- Make sure the area is safe to enter before assessing the damage. In the event of a lot of standing water, beware of anything that utilizes electricity.
- If it’s safe, start removing some of the items that can be salvaged, that way they can start drying immediately.
- Make sure the impacted area is properly ventilated to prevent mold growth, including opening doors and windows. (If the relative humidity outside is lower than the relative humidity inside)
- If you have any fans in the room or house, turn them on to improve air circulation throughout the home.
- If you can remove the water safely (for smaller jobs), start removing it from the home.
- Start throwing away food and beverages that were exposed to the water damage, especially if it wasn’t sealed.
- If you’re second-guessing yourself, have doubts about something, or are unsure about what’s going on, let the professionals assess and analyze it.
If you’re dealing with water damage, Tampa homeowners must understand that time is of the essence. You must act fast, but not in a way that undermines the health and safety of you or your family. If possible, it’s best to leave it to the professionals for a smooth process.
Need a Restoration Company Tampa, FL Residents Trust?
When you need water damage restoration, Tampa homeowners can contact DriRite for immediate assistance. With over 30 years of experience in this wonderful industry, we’ve helped thousands of families find relief during these difficult times — and we can’t wait to help you, too!
We take great pride in what we do and we always go above and beyond for our Tampa Bay community — it’s what allows us to offer the most caring and passionate water damage restoration, fire damage, restoration, and mold removal in Tampa, FL.
We’re just one phone call away and before you know it, you’ll have a home that looks like it did well before the water damage.